The ECOSTAR Nature-Accelerator, powered by Fledge, selects and invests in early-stage impactful startups that are developing sustainable solutions to innovate the agriculture, forestry and natural resource sectors. Startups that focus on business models/solutions that integrate social innovation and new technologies, while improving, marketing, and financing ecosystem services and biodiversity are particularly welcome!
The applications are open!
Deadline: 15 March 2018
3-month intensive programme (May – July 2018)
An intense programme of entrepreneurial, technical and scientific mentorship, guiding entrepreneurs along the complex path to improved revenues and financial sustainability.
The 8 selected teams will join the 3-month programme and will have access to resources from University of Padova, ECOSTAR research and business partners, the Fledge accelerator, and other impact investors. The accelerator will provide each startup with an “All-Inclusive” Investment Package made up of € 15.000 Seed Funding, Working Facilities and Acceleration Services.
The package includes:
- Entrepreneurial online training provided by Fledge (from May 2018). Based on The Next Step series of books, this is an MBA level curriculum in entrepreneurship covering all the key topics needed to build a viable business plan and operate a successful business.
- Access to impact investors and a network of scientists and business mentors networks provided by ECOSTAR and Fledge (550 mentors worldwide).
- A series of social events: investors Cocktails, field trips and team building activities.
- Two months’ acceleration services. 1-to-1 mentorship sessions, workshops & seminars, perks from technical partners, meetings and other activities with Industry & investor Partners (From 1st June till 31st July 2018).
- A demo day where the teams are on-stage telling stories of their impact.
- Follow-on investments for most promising startups.