The ECOSTAR Nature-Accelerator, powered by Fledge, selects and invests in early-stage impactful startups that are developing innovative and sustainable solutions for disrupting the agriculture, forestry and natural resource sectors. Startups that focus on business models/solutions that integrate social innovation and new technologies, while improving, marketing, and financing ecosystem services and biodiversity are particularly welcome!
Three months’ intensive programme (May – July 2018)
An intense program of entrepreneurial, technical and scientific education and mentorship, guiding entrepreneurs through the complex path from idea to revenues and profits.
The 8 selected teams will join a 3-month Program and will have access to resources from University of Padova, ECOSTAR research and business partners, the Fledge accelerator, and other impact investors. The Nature-Accelerator will provide to each startup an “All-Inclusive” Investment Package made of € 15.000 Seed, Working Facilities and Acceleration Services. This includes:
- Entrepreneurial online training. Based on The Next Step series of books, this is an MBA level curriculum in entrepreneurship covering all the key topics needed to build a viable business plan and operate a successful business. Provided by Fledge (Starting from 1st May 2018).
- Access to Impact Investors, Researchers, and Mentors networks provided by ECOSTAR and Fledge (400+ mentors worldwide).
- A series of social events: investors Cocktails, field trips and team building activities.
- Two months’ acceleration services. 1-to-1 mentorship sessions, workshops & seminars, perks from technical partners, meetings and other activities with Industry & investor Partners (From 1st June till 31st July 2018).
- A demo day: The Program will culminate with a Demo Day where the teams are on-stage telling stories of their impact. More like TED than a typical investment pitch night.
- Follow-on investments for most promising startups.